Island Outpost is Back!
Our health and safety protocols have been carefully designed to provide our guests with a safe, relaxing, and memorable stay on our beautiful island – because the only way to truly experience the great Jamaican vibes is with peace of mind. We have you covered.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.
Chris Blackwell & Marika Kessler
CEOs, Island Outpost
Protocols Arriving into Jamaica
- The government of Jamaica announced that the borders will be open for all international travelers as of 6/15/20
- Travelers are subject to medical screening.
- International travelers must have a travel authorization obtained before departure at https://www.visitjamaica.com/
- Jamaican authorities have indicated that all tourists arriving to Jamaica after June 15 will be tested for COVID-19. U.S. citizens needing more information about this requirement should consult with official Jamaican Government sources before they travel.
- Please note that the Department of State continues to advise U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. For more information about this Global Level 4 Health Advisory, please visit the following website: Travel.State.Gov
- Flight schedules into and out of Jamaica may be impacted by COVID-related or other exigent circumstances. Travelers are advised to check directly with airlines for the latest scheduling and booking information.
- For the most up-to-date information on inbound travel to Jamaica, please refer to official updates from the Jamaican Government:
- Reopening of beaches:
- Effective 6/7/20, all public beaches are open with strict COVID-19 protocols in effect, including social distancing.
- Face coverings:
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering in public places.
- National curfew hours:
- A curfew is in effect from 9:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. through June 14, 2020.
- The curfew will begin at 10:00 P.M. until 5:00 A.M. from June 14 until June 30, 2020.
Island Outpost On-Property Protocols
- All vehicles will be thoroughly sanitized before heading to the airport and between all guest transfers
- Drivers will wear gloves and masks performing no physical contact with guests
- All vehicles will be equipped with hand sanitizer and sanitary cleaning wipes
- Guests will be met in a designated area: no physical contact in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
A temperature check will be conducted and sanitizer offered for arriving guests
- *Elevated temperatures, 37.8° C/99.5° F or higher, will immediately be brought to the attention of a Supervisor/COVID-19 Coordinator
- *Staff temperature checks will also be conducted at all staff entry points
- All staff will be equipped with respective (and required) PPE as per level of contact – gloves, face mask/shield, and non-contact thermometer
- A COVID-19 Coordinator will be present as a direct point of contact with the Ministry of Health and Wellness and Ministry of Tourism to ensure protocols are being followed and for preventative measures
- Luggage, keycards and credit card machines will all be sanitized between guest and staff use
Common Areas & Watersports
- Hand sanitizers will be readily accessible to guests in all communal spaces
- All furniture will be arranged to maintain social distancing parameters with lounge cushions cleaned and sterilized in between guest use
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
- All watersports equipment will be sanitized in between guest use, including thorough cleaning and sterilizing of snorkeling gear
- Boat excursions will be booked with reduced numbers in keeping with social distance parameters
Food & Beverage
- Sanitizers will be placed strategically throughout restaurant and bar areas for guest access; attention given to entry and exit points
- Reservations will be used to control traffic flow and restaurant occupancy levels
- Dining and Bar areas will be furnished in keeping with social distancing protocols
- Mini bar will not be stocked where not ordered/requested; outside of complimentary offerings
- Consistent deep cleaning and sanitizing in all high touch areas in both guest rooms and common areas
- Turn-down service will only be offered upon request
- Frequency of housekeeping visits while guest is away from room customized based on guest comfort (Daily/Every other day/None)
- Specialized spa offerings will be offered keeping with COVID-19 safety protocols
- Temperature checks will be required for all guests visiting the Spa
- Yoga mats will be cleaned and sanitized in between each guest use
- Spa team will wear the necessary PPE as dictated by tasks being performed
- Technicians will routinely wash hands prior to treatment
Island Outpost Updated Cancellation/Payment Policy
- Due to the uncertainties surrounding traveling in a COVID-19 world, Island Outpost has relaxed it’s cancellation policies for the foreseeable future.
- Cancellations within 15d (45d for Festive, Dec 20 - Jan 3), no shows & early check out incur 100% forfeiture of stay
- 3-night deposit or 50% of the total reservation (whichever is greater) is required upon booking (Festive deposit is refundable 45d days prior to arrival, Dec 20 - Jan 3).
- Final payment is due in full 30d prior to arrival date (90d for Festive)
- These policies are applicable to all rates and have taken effect since May 31, 2020.
- Fleming Villa Cancellation Policy:
- If cancellation occurs between 60 and 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total reservation value is Non-Refundable
- Fleming Villa Payment Policy/Guarantee Policy
- 25% of the total reservation value is non-refundable at the time of reservation