Island Outpost is Back!
Our health and safety protocols have been carefully designed to provide our guests with a safe, relaxing, and memorable stay on our beautiful island – because the only way to truly experience the great Jamaican vibes is with peace of mind. We have you covered.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.
Chris Blackwell & Marika Kessler
CEOs, Island Outpost
CDC REQUIREMENTS DEPARTING JAMAICA
Per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), all guests traveling back to the United States will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result within 24 hours of their departure from Jamaica. The negative test is required to board the departing plane back to the US.
Traveling back to another country? Please check your region’s updated exit/entry requirements.
To ensure a smooth process for our guests, we have arranged for on-site testing (PCR or Antigen) to be done at all of our Island Outpost properties by licensed medical professionals. Upon booking your stay with us, please schedule your COVID-19 test in advance with the hotel directly.
Please note a negative COVID-19 test is still required to enter Jamaica as well.
We’re here to provide minimal disruptions to your trip plans and an overall smooth experience. For additional information regarding the new guidelines, please refer to the FAQs below and your specific region’s protocols.
Can I get tested on-site at the hotels?
What test options are there?
- PCR and Antigen.
What is the cost?
PCR Test: $230 per person
- Must be scheduled in advance
- Results are returned within 24 hours
- Price of test is subject to change based on demand
Antigen Test: $75 per person
- Must be scheduled in advance
- Results are returned within 24 hours
- PCR Test: $230 per person
Who will schedule the tests?
- Guest Services will be in charge of arranging the tests. Please contact the hotels directly to schedule it in advance.
How will I be charged?
- The test will be charged to the guest’s final bill.
Protocols Arriving into Jamaica
- Effective March 4, 2021, all travelers to Jamaica, 12 years of age and over, regardless of nationality, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result to check in for a flight. The date of the sample collection must be within 3 days of the travel date to Jamaica.
- Travelers on the VisitJamaica platform will no longer be required to upload their COVID-19 test certificates. They will however be required to present the Negative or Not Detected Test Result and the usual Travel Authorization at the airport when they check in for their flight and again on arrival in Jamaica.
- The test should be conducted within 3 days of the intended travel date at a medical laboratory that is accredited by the relevant national health authorities.
- Antigen tests are more accessible, cost less and the results are available in a shorter period of time.
- All Antigen tests approved by the World health Organization/Pan American Health Organization and the FDA, will be accepted. The Test Certificate is valid for 10 days from the date the sample was collected.
- Antibody tests will NOT be accepted.
- Results from home-based test kits will NOT be accepted.
- Residents of Jamaica will continue to apply for their travel authorization on the Jamcovid site and are not subject to the pretesting requirement.
- Flight schedules into and out of Jamaica may be impacted by COVID-related or other exigent circumstances. Travelers are advised to check directly with airlines for the latest scheduling and booking information.
- Face coverings are mandatory to wear in public places.
- Jamaica currently has an all-island curfew due to COVID from 10pm to 5am. Please visit the Embassy of Jamaica in the United States website for the latest updates on hours.
- Visitors are now allowed to do split stays within the Resilient Corridors.
- The Government is in discussions to implement a health services and logistics insurance plan that will be mandatory for visitors to Jamaica - targeting an effective date of 11/1/20. This plan will provide local medical care and air ambulance services where necessary for visitors who fall ill while in Jamaica.
- For the most up-to-date information on inbound travel to Jamaica, including COVID-19 tourism protocols, please refer to official updates from the Jamaican Government:
Island Outpost On-Property Protocols
- All vehicles will be thoroughly sanitized before heading to the airport and between all guest transfers
- Drivers will wear gloves and masks performing no physical contact with guests
- All vehicles will be equipped with hand sanitizer and sanitary cleaning wipes
- Guests will be met in a designated area: no physical contact in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
- Guests are required to wear masks while inside our Arrival Room/Guest Services area
- Guests are required to wear masks while in the spa
- We encourage mask wearing while in areas and situations that social distancing cannot be acknowledged
- Masks are available for purchase in the boutique
- Guests can request limited interaction and in-room services
- A temperature check will be conducted and sanitizer offered for arriving guests
- *Elevated temperatures, 37.8° C/99.5° F or higher, will immediately be brought to the attention of a Supervisor/COVID-19 Coordinator
- *Staff temperature checks will also be conducted at all staff entry points
- All staff will be equipped with respective (and required) PPE as per level of contact – gloves, face mask/shield, and non-contact thermometer
- A COVID-19 Coordinator will be present as a direct point of contact with the Ministry of Health and Wellness and Ministry of Tourism to ensure protocols are being followed and for preventative measures
- Luggage, keycards and credit card machines will all be sanitized between guest and staff use
Common Areas & Watersports
- Hand sanitizers will be readily accessible to guests in all communal spaces
- All furniture will be arranged to maintain social distancing parameters with lounge cushions cleaned and sterilized in between guest use
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
- All watersports equipment will be sanitized in between guest use, including thorough cleaning and sterilizing of snorkeling gear
Food & Beverage
- Sanitizers will be placed strategically throughout restaurant and bar areas for guest access; attention given to entry and exit points
- Reservations will be used to control traffic flow and restaurant occupancy levels
- Dining and Bar areas will be furnished in keeping with social distancing protocols
- Mini bar will not be stocked where not ordered/requested; outside of complimentary offerings
- Consistent deep cleaning and sanitizing in all high touch areas in both guest rooms and common areas
- Turn-down service will only be offered upon request
- The frequency of housekeeping visits can be customized to your comfort level (daily/every other day/none). This can be established at check in. Housekeeping will always wear masks and will not clean rooms if guests are present.
- Our housekeepers are not allowed to clean your room while you are present. If you are in your room when housekeeping arrives, they will arrange a better time to return when you are not there, or if you prefer, you can remain on your patio or terrace until they are done. If you need to return to the room to get something while the housekeeper is present, we ask that you wear a mask while inside. Our housekeepers will be wearing masks at all times.
- Specialized spa offerings will be offered keeping with COVID-19 safety protocols
- Temperature checks will be required for all guests visiting the Spa
- Yoga mats will be cleaned and sanitized in between each guest use
- Spa team will wear the necessary PPE as dictated by tasks being performed
- Therapists will routinely wash hands prior to treatment
- From now until September 30th, guests of Jamaica are encouraged to stay on their hotel's property within the Resilient Corridor to help curtail the spread of COVID-19 and carry out efficient contact tracing when/where necessary.
- Guests are allowed to visit approved COVID-19 Resilient Attractions off-property, which have been inspected and certified. For an updated list of which attractions are currently approved, visit www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/
- Please note this is a very fluid situation and although the government currently has the order in effect until September 30th, it could change at any moment.
Island Outpost Updated Cancellation/Payment Policy
- Due to the uncertainties surrounding traveling in a COVID-19 world, Island Outpost has relaxed it’s cancellation policies for the foreseeable future.
- Cancellations within 15d (45d for Festive, Dec 20 - Jan 3), no shows & early check out incur 100% forfeiture of stay
- 3-night deposit or 50% of the total reservation (whichever is greater) is required upon booking.
- Final payment is due in full 30d prior to arrival date (90d for Festive)
- These policies are applicable to all rates and have taken effect since May 31, 2020.
- Fleming Villa Cancellation Policy:
- If cancellation occurs between 60 and 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total reservation value is Non-Refundable
- Fleming Villa Payment Policy/Guarantee Policy
- 25% of the total reservation value is non-refundable at the time of reservation