Island Outpost is Back!
Our health and safety protocols have been carefully designed to provide our guests with a safe, relaxing, and memorable stay on our beautiful island – because the only way to truly experience the great Jamaican vibes is with peace of mind. We have you covered.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.
Chris Blackwell & Marika Kessler
CEOs, Island Outpost
Protocols Arriving into Jamaica
- The government of Jamaica announced that the borders are open for all international travelers as of 6/15/20
- International travelers must have a Travel Authorization obtained before departure.
- As of 8/15/20, all residents of the United States of America, Brazil, Dominican Republic or Mexico who are 12 years of age or over, with travel dates of 8/20/20 or later will be required to obtain a COVID-19 RT-PCR test. The test should be conducted within 10 days of the intended travel date at a medical laboratory that is accredited by the relevant national health authorities. For the USA, the medical laboratory should be accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- The above test requirement is already in effect for travel dates before 8/20/20 for residents of the states of Arizona, Florida, New York and Texas in the USA.
- As of 7/10/20, visitors from locations designated as high-risk by the Jamaican government will be required to upload a valid Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result with the Travel Authorization no more than seven days from the intended date of arrival in Jamaica. Approval for travel to Jamaica will be subject to the upload of the test result.
- Jamaican authorities have indicated that all tourists arriving to Jamaica after June 15 will be tested for COVID-19.
- Flight schedules into and out of Jamaica may be impacted by COVID-related or other exigent circumstances. Travelers are advised to check directly with airlines for the latest scheduling and booking information.
- For the most up-to-date information on inbound travel to Jamaica, please refer to official updates from the Jamaican Government:
- Face coverings:
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering in public places.
- National curfew hours:
- The new daily all-island curfew is from 11:00 P.M until 5:00 A.M. through July 31, 2020.
- For the most up-to-date guidance on Jamaica’s COVID-19 tourism protocols, please visit the Jamaica Tourist Board website.
Island Outpost On-Property Protocols
- All vehicles will be thoroughly sanitized before heading to the airport and between all guest transfers
- Drivers will wear gloves and masks performing no physical contact with guests
- All vehicles will be equipped with hand sanitizer and sanitary cleaning wipes
- Guests will be met in a designated area: no physical contact in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
- Guests are required to wear masks while inside our Arrival Room/Guest Services area
- Guests are required to wear masks while in the spa
- We encourage mask wearing while in areas and situations that social distancing cannot be acknowledged
- Masks are available for purchase in the boutique
- Guests can request limited interaction and in-room services
- A temperature check will be conducted and sanitizer offered for arriving guests
- *Elevated temperatures, 37.8° C/99.5° F or higher, will immediately be brought to the attention of a Supervisor/COVID-19 Coordinator
- *Staff temperature checks will also be conducted at all staff entry points
- All staff will be equipped with respective (and required) PPE as per level of contact – gloves, face mask/shield, and non-contact thermometer
- A COVID-19 Coordinator will be present as a direct point of contact with the Ministry of Health and Wellness and Ministry of Tourism to ensure protocols are being followed and for preventative measures
- Luggage, keycards and credit card machines will all be sanitized between guest and staff use
Common Areas & Watersports
- Hand sanitizers will be readily accessible to guests in all communal spaces
- All furniture will be arranged to maintain social distancing parameters with lounge cushions cleaned and sterilized in between guest use
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
- All watersports equipment will be sanitized in between guest use, including thorough cleaning and sterilizing of snorkeling gear
Food & Beverage
- Sanitizers will be placed strategically throughout restaurant and bar areas for guest access; attention given to entry and exit points
- Reservations will be used to control traffic flow and restaurant occupancy levels
- Dining and Bar areas will be furnished in keeping with social distancing protocols
- Mini bar will not be stocked where not ordered/requested; outside of complimentary offerings
- Consistent deep cleaning and sanitizing in all high touch areas in both guest rooms and common areas
- Turn-down service will only be offered upon request
- The frequency of housekeeping visits can be customized to your comfort level (daily/every other day/none). This can be established at check in. Housekeeping will always wear masks and will not clean rooms if guests are present.
- Our housekeepers are not allowed to clean your room while you are present. If you are in your room when housekeeping arrives, they will arrange a better time to return when you are not there, or if you prefer, you can remain on your patio or terrace until they are done. If you need to return to the room to get something while the housekeeper is present, we ask that you wear a mask while inside. Our housekeepers will be wearing masks at all times.
- Specialized spa offerings will be offered keeping with COVID-19 safety protocols
- Temperature checks will be required for all guests visiting the Spa
- Yoga mats will be cleaned and sanitized in between each guest use
- Spa team will wear the necessary PPE as dictated by tasks being performed
- Therapists will routinely wash hands prior to treatment
- From now until September 30th, guests of Jamaica are encouraged to stay on their hotel's property within the Resilient Corridor to help curtail the spread of COVID-19 and carry out efficient contact tracing when/where necessary.
- Guests are allowed to visit approved COVID-19 Resilient Attractions off-property, which have been inspected and certified. For an updated list of which attractions are currently approved, visit www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/
- Please note this is a very fluid situation and although the government currently has the order in effect until September 30th, it could change at any moment.
Island Outpost Updated Cancellation/Payment Policy
- Due to the uncertainties surrounding traveling in a COVID-19 world, Island Outpost has relaxed it’s cancellation policies for the foreseeable future.
- Cancellations within 15d (45d for Festive, Dec 20 - Jan 3), no shows & early check out incur 100% forfeiture of stay
- 3-night deposit or 50% of the total reservation (whichever is greater) is required upon booking.
- Final payment is due in full 30d prior to arrival date (90d for Festive)
- These policies are applicable to all rates and have taken effect since May 31, 2020.
- Fleming Villa Cancellation Policy:
- If cancellation occurs between 60 and 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total reservation value is Non-Refundable
- Fleming Villa Payment Policy/Guarantee Policy
- 25% of the total reservation value is non-refundable at the time of reservation